Sunday, July 30, 2006

leaving behind

I m on my boat now
leaving my home land, home n you.
The wind brushes against my face
last time I realized this
it was bliss
You were with me
talking, fighting…
I always knew you loved me

Have I lost you
I ask myself
for a hundredth time
‘no’ says a small voice within
‘yes’ screams the whole world
making me deaf, making me blind
making me lose all my senses
I open my eyes, I can’t see a thing

All is fair in love and war
but love is not fair
when there is war.
My name is changed
I am a refugee now
you stay but fight
for your smaller piece of the pie
in the bottle-necked island

I ve always loved you
but I never told you
My love buried in the lankan sands
amongst those land mines
The long wait begins now
of a hopeful dawn
We part to meet again

in this world or in the next

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 09, 2006, Blogger lavanya said...

hi sugan,

Nice love poem...really ur thoughts and way of expression is good!
Keep writing more poems like this!!

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006, Blogger karthik thangaraj said...

Hi suganya,

Realy lovely way of expressing your feelings for lankan tamils!
beautifully written..
carry on the good work...

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006, Blogger hephaestus said...

relly nice and beautfully portrayed...(now thought to leave the comment as i finally found my username!!)

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey suganya,never knew u cud write poems as well.pleasantly surprised by ur talent.your simplicity in expression is appealing.Those few lines referring to love and war are breathtaking..keep going and write many more!!!!
guru

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

wow, a moving work. after a long time another poetical work from u.

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE ONE -UR POEM ABOUT FREINDSHIP ALSO VERY NICE KEEP ON DOING THE SAME _BYE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

casual person with deep passion about things/people i like....






I was Hermione Granger at the Harry Potter character quiz @ Crazylicious.com
My Birthdate: October 6
  • You tend to be a the rock in relationships - people depend on you.
  • Thoughtful and caring, you often put others needs first.
  • You aren't content to help those you know... you want to give to the world.
  • An idealist, you strive for positive change and dream about how much better things could be.
  • Your strength: Your intuition
  • Your weakness: You put yourself last
  • Your power color: Rose
  • Your power symbol: Cloud
  • Your power month: June
What Does Your Birth Date Mean?

Powered by Blogger